Tuesday, March 11, 2014

DEV Project. Journey around the world.

Below is our DEV Project link and reflections!






Madelynn: 
The D.E.V project was an interesting experience. We chose the concepts based on our theme and we also chose the concepts we understood but then put a twist on them to challenge ourselves. We also tried to pick problems from a variety of units so that our project would encompass all that we learned this trimester. I did learn some things from this assignment but it was mostly just review. Overall I enjoyed this project and thought it was very beneficial.

Ruby:   
In the beginning I dreaded starting this project. It seemed long, hard and time consuming. Coming up with my own problems sounded nearly impossible. I had understood the units as we learned them but connecting them to each other scared me. Once Madelynn and I began looking at different ideas, themes, and problems I began to stress out more and more about what I was going to have to do. But, once it came down to actually doing the problems, I found it to be a little fun and not stressful at all. Linking units and concepts in a real life scenario helped me expand my knowledge and stretch my abilities. I had concepts in my mind which I couldn't alway apply so Mr. Jackson was able to help me learn new skills or even develop the ones I had. I was able to use creativity in the math and see how it applied in real life situations such as temperature, odd shaped fields, volume of pyramids, and arches of ski jumpers. Lastly, the project helped me study for the exam by reviewing and relearning concepts from months ago. Although I had negative feelings towards the beginning, by the end i really enjoyed doing the DEV project. 


View DEV Prezi here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.