Sunday, March 2, 2014
ACT and Pre-Calc
It seems like yesterday I was a Freshman in Algebra 1, which was pretty easy for me. Just simple math, with graphing, and solving for x for the first time. But now, I am a Junior in Pre-Calc which just seems like everything I learned in Algebra 1 & 2, and Geometry just in one. I remember when I took the PLAN test, the math portion was more than confusing. Everything was worded really weird just to trick you. Even some problems made it so you had to take a couple steps to actually find the answer. This week, I take a test that everyone says "determines your future", talk about pressure. I took the prep class (which I recommend to any lower class men when they are Juniors), and I saw a rise in some scores, and some scores being lower than before. Just thinking about after this year, I will be a Senior, going on college visits, and thinking about my future frightens me. It makes me want to go back to basic Pre-Algebra/Algebra 1. But now I'm in Pre-Calc. Applying all of my knowledge from previous years into two trimesters. Then I am done, and off to AP Stats. Honestly, where has the time gone? This trimester has felt like a total of 3 weeks, not even kidding. Everything has just been thrown at you and you're so overwhelmed of everything. We've had so many snow days, so that impacted this tri, lessons that you lose focus on because of those snow days, tests are being thrown at everyone in every class, ACT and MME next week, and in 2ish to 3 weeks we finish off the trimester with Exams. WHAT?!?! I don't even think I know what I've been learning, it all went by so fast. Don't get me wrong, this Polynomials unit is interesting, and I understand it very well. We also have that DEV due, which I started but holy cow it was difficult to start because you have to apply ALL of your knowledge of the whole trimester. I guess what I'm trying to say is this Tri has gone by fast, my high school years are going by so fast, and I am just scrambled in life. But I am also very nervous for this ACT test.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.