Wednesday, January 15, 2014
BOB week 1
Yesterday, when Mr. Jackson presented us with the "most challenging of all completing the square problems" needless to say, I was intimidated. But as he went through the process of solving the problem, I could start to see the quadratic formula. No offense to mathmeticians everywhere, but this was one of the first times I thought math was actually very interesting. What amazed me was the out-of-the-box thinking that allowed someone to come up with this formula. I have always wondered how these formulas were developed and now I realize that I have the opportunity to solve for the quadratic formula as well. Now, I feel a little more inspired when using this and other formulas because I realize the complexity and genius of the work that went into it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.