Sunday, January 26, 2014

A muddy point cleared up, BOB week 2

One thing that I never realized I did not understand was the fact that a rectangle with the same perimeter could vary in area. I guess it made sense in my head that if the perimeter, it did not matter the side lengths, because the area would be the same no matter what they were. But, going through the questions for poor farm Ted, I realized it's not that easy. I still have not fully grasped how to find the side lengths for the maximum area but I'm sure, when we return to school, whether it be Monday (or hopefully Tuesday) that I can clear it up with some extra help. Farmer Ted needs our help and I am ready to learn how to help him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.