Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Some day came quick...

Dear 40 year old me,

We've struggled with feeling comfortable in our own skin quite a bit throughout our life time, but I sure hope you're comfortable in yours right now... because you deserve it. I know it may be hard at times, I hope by now you've gotten over of your fear of inadequacy, because I know how it can tear you apart. I know Grandpa Carey would be proud of us, making it through all that we have. It hasn't been the easiest for us. I hope that you've settled down with someone special, whomever that may be, maybe even have some kids on the way. Who knows? After all you are me, and I haven't made it that far yet... I know that the social aspect of school wasn't very pleasant, you were a little different, I guess the world wasn't really ready for you. I know you're making a great teacher right now, hopefully looking out for those kids that are different, outcasted just like you were, hopefully you can help someone else realize that they're not alone, that life is a beautiful but it doesn't come without suffering, that it gets betters, that all they need to do is hang in there.
"Life is short, don't ever question the length. It's cool to cry, don't ever question your strength."



Love,
Austin (aged 17)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.